You are passionate about the paid online advertising space and want to use that passion for good. Hopefully, you’ve had experience with large ad spends for major companies or organizations, racking up experience in SEM, display, Google Ads, Bing, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. You dream of putting your talents to work protecting the people and community around you; of leveraging the power of data and digital channels to stand up for human rights; of promoting companies who care about their communities and ensure that all people have the chance to thrive. You’re inspired by the challenge to make impact with monthly advertising budgets as low as $300, and you love the idea of being a part of a small and nimble team.
We are a San Diego-based digital communications company powered by public relations serving community organizations and businesses that invest in our communities. We are also a social enterprise that offers paid, on-the-job training to New Americans to open career pathways into the communications industry.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY
Tracks Public Relations is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close representation gaps in the PR and advertising industries, and to actively recruit people from underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage gender diverse people and minority candidates to apply for this role.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
This is a new role that will work closely with agency leadership in order to develop campaigns for our clients. Tracks digital advertising expert will support the agency director in servicing accounts while also implementing more traditional communications like media relations. This person will be a self-starter and someone who’s creative, organized, motivated by data, and interested in the overall digital marketing strategy down to the planning, implementation, and data analysis of paid social media campaigns. The candidate will be entrepreneurial in spirit and team oriented.
- Working with account team to review client objectives and strategies to ensure paid social, digital campaigns and media relations efforts integrate. This includes participating in briefs and work sessions, contributing to overall planning process, representing the interactive opportunity, defining interactive tactics within projects and campaigns.
- Managing ad budgets, A/B testing ad creatives, keyword research, setting up audiences, and optimizing for conversions and KPIs
- Analyzing campaign data and reporting on recommendations and strategy on a monthly basis
- Developing, monitoring and optimizing digital strategy, including regular data analysis
- Writing press releases, media alerts, social media content and mass emails
- Building emails and editing websites
- Providing training and mentorship for current staff to expand their digital marketing and media relations expertise
- Participating in client presentations, calls and strategic discussions
- Defining and developing measurement models for project success with clients
We want to find the right person, so we’ll consider people with:
- 1 year or more of experience in paid social and digital advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or
- On-the-job experience or education related to digital marketing, or
- Any interesting combination of the above three bullets
- Being a pro at building social media and Google advertising campaigns
- Experience media buying across social media
- Solid background in Google Analytics and reporting
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities
NICE TO HAVE
- Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Ad and Hubspot Inbound Marketing certifications
- Knowledge of SEO, online search mediums and social media and an understanding of how all of these channels work together with advertising
- Relationships within California’s social justice communities and have experience in geographic areas such as City Heights, communities south of I-8, Tijuana or other regions facing social justice challenges.
- Strong interest in social and environmental justice, transportation and overall policy in San Diego, Orange County and California
- Fluent in English and Spanish, Arabic or Vietnamese
COMPENSATION & CULTURE
- Salary dependent on experience
- Opportunities for learning through seminars, conferences and classes
- Complete benefits package including company-sponsored health insurance and vision insurance, company-sponsored dental and disability insurance, two weeks’ vacation, nine paid holidays + two floating holidays, 40 hours of sick, monthly cell phone reimbursement, Tracks Adventures, and a company culture that will blow your mind.
- Tracks has a business casual environment that encourages its employees to ditch the car commute. We work equal parts inside and outside at our office. We have open desk assignments and can work remotely. We work and play in the communities we protect, and often run into one another while visiting our clients.
Tell us why you’re different, why you believe, why you’re the one. Be creative. Send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will keep our search open until we find the right candidate.